Where did September go?! After our week in Cornwall I felt like I'd been away for ages which was lovely, but going back to getting up early wasn't so nice...
I'm struggling to remember what I did during the rest of the month! The weekend we came back from Cornwall it seemed that everyone we know was in Bristol, including those who aren't usually. We both had a pretty busy weekend of coffees, dinners, and pub visits, both together and separately; I took a day trip and marvelled at the stock in my hometown's charity shops and had coffee with friends.
Later in the month I visited my Grandmother with my sister, drove for the first time in six months, and got stuck into some gardening and cleaning. I think my remaining weekends were mostly spent resting and being domestic.
- Cycle to Bath
Visit K at RHUL Go to a sewing meet
- Make 5 items of clothing - All but skirt still half-made.
Go to Cornwall and/or somewhere warm
- Learn some Perl/Ruby/C++/SQL- I should find out more about C++ as we could be doing more of it at work in the future
- Keep a list of things to cook and make 2 new ones per month - Made lemon & rocket risotto with baked salmon, tried a new way of making coffee, improvised a rather good apple tart.
- Read twelve or more books - Only got non-fiction from the library
- Cut down my photo-uploading backlog - Digital 2012 is done! And ME Super film completely done
- Scrapbook - Stalled. Seems like a good rainy afternoon activity
- Visit 5 new towns or cities - Stopped off at Sainsbury's in Warwick but I don't think that counts...
- Keep job/get good/become independent - Started "tracking" i.e. taking a turn at fielding support e-mails
- Go to a pop-up restaurant or supper club
- Finish things - Still quite a few projects on the go but no more started...
- Mend/alter - Had a sewing & Big Fat Quiz evening with flatmate and mended a couple of things :)
- See cousins
- Go to a gig/film/... every month - The Wave Pictures at The Louisiana and This Is The Kit at The Folk House, plus Rush (F1 film) at The Watershed
- Walk lots - Got off the bus a stop early several times
- Visit new cafés/things - 4500 Miles From Delhi which was alright if a little more expensive than other curries, The Stable which was great fun - so many ciders!
- Do something creative every week - Lots more bus crochet
- Make an effort to go to things - Took my day trip home
- Learn to knit properly
- Listen to the radio regularly
- Use stashes - Gained some more crafty things from a friend's Great Aunt. Oops.
- Find a dentist & get teeth fixed - Apparently the one near work is alright, may investigate that