Sunday 11 September 2011

From In Between


Nice old cars around Clifton.


A lovely evening sky


 Good dinners:
1. Orzo pasta, bacon, roast sweet potato, walnuts & blue cheese. Rich.
2. Bacon & courgette risotto, best one I've managed yet.
3. Quiche Lorraine (30p), potato salad (30p/kilo, herbs from the windowsill) & general salad (rocket 10p, Vittoria tomatoes 1/3 off). Bargainous and tasty, and possibly claimable as healthy?


Clifton Village - Ice Cold Moet only £28 at the newsagent near the suspension bridge, a rather cute sausage dog for my flatmate K.


Terrifying knitting pattern from a book in Oxfam Books, foreword by Una Stubbs.


Teaching myself new crochet stitches. Half-treble, double, treble?

5 comments:

  1. Urgh! Why would anybody dress there baby up as the Michelin man?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine it's fairly effective cushioning, just need the matching bonnet and you can drop your child with impunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I wish I knew how to crochet! I can only do a single chain, everything else becomes a big mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh. I recommend this site http://crochet.about.com/od/crochetstitches/tp/basic-stitches.htm
    The ones called tutorials have step-by-step photos which I find is by far the easiest way of learning :) That's where I taught myself treble from. It does use American terminology though which can get a bit confusing - what they call single I'd call double - but Wikipedia has a useful page for that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_crochet_stitches
    Do give it a go! :D

    ReplyDelete

Yay :)