Saturday 3 September 2011

Revision Stations


One exam down, one to go!
My life recently has been mostly spent in the coffee shops of North Bristol, trying to absorb as much information about rings, ideals and field extensions as I possibly can without giving myself a caffeine overdose. As I'm not a big fan of normal tea (I am British really!) I've been sampling all the fruit teas I can get my hands on. Coffee #1 get ten points for this tasty red berry one, and another ten for their hot apple and cinnamon  - they take proper fancy apple juice and put steam through it like you would to make a latte. Yum.
Last Saturday I had the company of the lovely Ceilidh (like the Scottish dance) who was swotting up on accountancy jargon for her new job, that's her enormous textbook in the photo above.


 
Of course when you're spending hours on end in coffee shops it helps to drink something cheap, which leads me to Starbucks £1 filter coffee with a free refill. The size of Starbucks makes me feel less guilty hogging chairs too. The branch upstairs in Cabot Circus might be my favourite, despite being in a *very* busy shopping area it's not at all crowded. It's tucked away right at the top and has big squishy armchairs and a good view across Bristol.


Café Kino is a favourite too, both for it's friendliness and prices - a very decent pot of tea is just £1.20. The window seats give you a good vantage point for watching Stokes Croft go about its daily business too. This is their apple tea, a rare example among such teas in that tastes almost as good as it smells.

I may have visited a couple of charity shops on my travels too...


Pretty floral blousey top, originally from Florence & Fred at Tesco, £3.30 from British Heart Foundation.
Blue plastic necklace £1 from The Salvation Army, their shop reminds me of charity shops 10+ years ago, before thrift/vintage became fashionable. It's very much cheaper than anywhere else!

And on the subject of pretty things, Julia of House of Marmalade (and brave maker of corsets!) is holding a giveaway with Dragonfly Fabrics - the combination of Colette Patterns and spotty ribbon is very appealing to me. I've entered plenty of blog giveaways but never won one :'( (but hopefully this cheeky link gives me an extra entry!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the comment - a baby coming to eat you? Ew!

    The Salvation Army shop here is my favourite for the same reason - though it's undergoing a refurbishment at the moment so fingers crossed it doesn't change too much. I once heard one of the ladies who works there ranting at length about how they don't exist to make money; they exist to help people who don't have money to obtain the things they need - hurrah!

    ReplyDelete

Yay :)