Sunday 4 August 2013

25 Before 24 - August Update

.
Pretty leaves at Trelissick in 2011

It's been a busy & exciting month - the boy and I went to Cornwall, graduated, had our parents meet for the first time, decided we'd like to move in together, and took a day trip down to Exmoor with a friend. I went to my sister's Oxford graduation (Fancy! Latin!), visited the Bath Vintage & Antiques market, moved desk at work, made my first quiche, made a skirt, taught myself to knit, and even read a bit. Gosh.
I had a few weekends of busy-ness which made me very thankful when I got a slow one to myself, I've taken pleasure in cleaning and tidying the flat when I could, and impressed myself with my ability to keep on top of things like laundry and making lunch. I could do with being better at going to bed earlier though.

25 Things

  1. Cycle to Bath
  2. Visit K at RHUL
  3. Go to a sewing meet
  4. Make 5 items of clothing - New Look 6154 is complete, post soon!
  5. Go to Cornwall and/or somewhere warm - we've fixed up to go *again*
  6. Learn some Perl/Ruby/C++/SQL - I'm slowly picking up Perl at work, I don't like the lack of strict types as it allows people to write some horrible horrible code
  7. Keep a list of things to cook and make 2 new ones per month - I'm not as deliberate as intended but I made a quiche and some frozen custard
  8. Read twelve or more books - Catching up a bit - I read the first and third Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and am halfway through "Toast" by Nigel Slater
  9. Cut down my photo-uploading backlog - I'm into 2012!
  10. Scrapbook - Things are still scattered on the floor but I have good intentions...
  11. Visit 5 new towns or cities
  12. Keep job/get good/become independent - I've moved across to sit with my team instead of the cluster of new people :)
  13. Go to a pop-up restaurant or supper club
  14. Finish things
  15. Mend/alter - Added Boy's torn shirt and a missing button to my pile :/
  16. See cousins
  17. Go to a gig/film/... every month - Alela Diane at The Louisiana & Dark Dark Dark at The Fleece
  18. Walk lots - I took a scenic route home once and visited St Andrews Park for the first time
  19. Visit new cafés/things - Finally visited Grillstock and Café Provencal
  20. Do something creative every week - Numbers 4, 7, and 22
  21. Make an effort to go to things - Went to a distant pub meet, a work dinner, and a party in Chippenham
  22. Learn to knit properly - "How To Knit" by Debbie Bliss, coupled with larger needles, has helped me achieve double moss stitch and ribbing
  23. Listen to the radio regularly - I realised I can stream 6music at work, hurrah! Helps me get in the zone a bit more too
  24. Use stashes - A few bits of stash went into NL 6154 but I picked up some white viscose for lining from Fabric Land and some spotty cotton from Minerva Crafts. Oops.
  25. Find a dentist & get teeth fixed
Right, I should probably go to bed now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow super productive month, well done! I gotta get some of your energy up here... :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay :)