|Completely co-incidentally I'd taken this photo a few months ago!|
Yes, I'm jumping on board the blogger bandwagon and making myself one of these lists. It's less of a bucket list, more general life progress.
I think that generally speaking I lack focus and don't do terribly well at making progress on long-term projects & achieving goals, so I've made a list of little(ish) things I'd like to do and given myself a timeframe.
If I want to do these things then I may as well declare that, rather than putting them off to an unspecified point in the future as vague wishes. Also having selected specific things to do will help me pick what to do with my time, rather than being overcome with the possibilities and just doing nothing.
I want to have more moments where I feel that "this is me" and I like what I'm doing, I'm enjoying myself and I'm finding things I like and doing them. One thing that I know makes me feel like that is being safely ensconced in a train with something nice to eat/drink, writing postcards and watching the countryside going by. More of that please.
- Finish my final project - this has its own deadline but I'm putting it in anyway
- Get a job - after #1
- Move to Bristol - I'm currently living at home with my parents, this is not where I want to be for #2
- Sew a dress
- Make 10 of my recipe bookmarks / pins - I can notch up progress on this one quickly
- Send parcels to far-away friends - specifically Gal & Maiyan
- Go to Southwold at least once
- Get rid of my Flickr backlog - I'm currently uploading film from last June and digital from December, this is not how I want it to be but I do want it to remain in chronological order
- Get a grip on my finances - I should keep track of what I spend properly
- Sell my eBay pile, swap my swap pile - cleaning out my room has made these massive
- Mend & alter my mending & altering piles - as above
- Read a newspaper regularly - we have The Week at home, I might start getting the i on Saturdays
- Weekend away by train - so many UK cities & towns to see. London, Brighton, York & Sheffield are top of my list
- Buy good shoes - I tend to spend ~£10 on flimsy flats, they won't cut it at #2 or for #3 in winter
- Crochet 3 items from stashed wool - I have so much I CBA to stash it officially on Ravelry
- Get a new phone - I'm currently using the boy's old one and it's not ideal, rather temperamental
- Read 3 good/classic books - Hardy, Dickens, ? I've been doing so little reading that 3 may be a lot
- Print more photos - they're so nice to look at, why don't I?
- Watch 3 good/classic films - the answer to "Have you seen ...?" is probably "No"
- Exercise regularly - even if it's just walking around, it's not hard and it's important
- Scrapbook - I have multiple "to be scrapbooked" boxes, this is not good
- Have a picnic - Me, friends, a blanket, a hamper, and somewhere picturesque
- Visit a city farm - Bristol has two!
- Visit my sister at university
- Cycle from Bristol to Bath - my Dad just bought me an amazing old bike, I'm a little bit in love