Monday 29 October 2012

Oppan Burdastyle!

Yes, it's a truly terrible post title but I couldn't resist :) I haven't made much progress on my green skirt since I've sadly got plenty of more important things to get on with. I have cut out everything that isn't my fashion fabric - waistband & pocket facing and interfacing - I just need to clear a bigger flat surface to cut into the green.
 Anyway, I thought I'd share a great charity shop purchase from last month:

Burdastyle 11/2010 and 4/2011

Two completely untouched issues of Burdastyle for 20p each! I also picked out a long purple zip for another 20p.
I know I'm a long way off managing most of the nicer clothes featured in these but I can dream, right? Most of the simpler items are a bit hideous (like that purple shiny monster above) but one of them has a pretty simple looking pencil skirt pattern. The other has one with enormous folds sticking out of the front. I wish I'd taken a photo of that now, it looks pretty strange.

Simple-ish pencil skirt?
The blazers/jackets are a bit daunting but there are some in both issues which look like they're decent shapes, something to work towards perhaps? I'd like a navy jersey blazer one day, something that looks like Kelli of True Bias's chambray one.

Nice blazers, but what's that monstrosity on the right?!

Self-flagellation with flowers?
I'm undecided on this dress - it could be really nice or it could be one of those things that'll only look good on model-shaped people. The sleeves could definitely do with toning down.
My favourite bit of either is the 11/2010 "Romantic Windswept Isle" which reminds me of the Suffolk marshes and makes me think a bit of Roobedoo's wuthering Scottish surroundings, although it's probably nothing like!
Woollen wanderings
 Images in this post were all taken by me but the magazine images are property of Burda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay :)