Monday 4 March 2013

25 Before 23 - March Update

My new-to-me teacup & saucer clash beautifully with my tray, jug & teapot :)
I'm a little earlier in getting to this than last month, but I also seem to have gone an entire month without posting anything. I have a fair few things I'd like to share - mostly things I've made and a few thoughts - but I haven't quite had the oomph to do it, despite my oodles of time. But, as ever, there's no point beating myself up. This blog is here for me to record things to look back at later and as a companion to encourage ordered thinking, it's not a chore. I have very little chance of becoming a "big" blogger and nor do I want to, so I should get on with filling my little space with the things I want to have in it, and the absence of posts in February rather reflects the sort of limbo that I've been in.
Hopefully things are moving forward a bit now - I've got two interviews this week and a possible telephone interview too, my birthday is coming up, and the boy has just passed his viva (so, subject to corrections, he'll be Dr boy in not too long).
Another thing I've noticed is that being busy, even with enjoyable things, gets too much if I don't stop for a while. I'd like to make sure I take some conscious break time in future; one of my favourite things I did last month was to spend a Saturday morning sitting on  my bed with a tray of tea & a biscuit (in the picture above) and mend some clothes that had been languishing in my mending pile. I wasn't rushing anywhere or thinking of other things I should be doing and it was lovely.
This morning there is glorious sunshine so after this post I will be getting out into it & going for a walk :)

25 Things
  1. Finish my final project - I'll hear by late June at the latest
  2. Get a job - Two interviews this week plus a possible telephone interview
  3. Move to Bristol - Still got an ongoing list of things to get from home but perfectly comfortable
  4. Sew a dress - Still not finished my seams, maybe next time I go home
  5. Make 10 of my recipe bookmarks / pins - Made a rosemary-crusted gallette, potato curry, afghans, disappointing pulled pork (my fault I think), toast for cheese, a post-viva cake for boy, shakshuka,
  6. Send parcels to far-away friends - Scarf still in progress, sent postcards to sisters & a friend
  7. Go to Southwold at least once
  8. Get rid of my Flickr backlog - in chronological order. Currently: film - October '11, digital - June '12
  9. Get a grip on my finances - Still needs doing. Argh. I should find a tutorial and follow it. Spreadsheet time! I think my previous spreadsheets have been too complex to keep up with
  10. Sell my eBay pile, swap my swap pile - It's all now in Bristol. Next step is listing and giving.
  11. Mend & alter my mending & altering piles - Mended two tops, two dresses I'd been wearing anyway, and a cardigan. Successfully felted one cardigan, decided that merino does not felt.
  12. Read a newspaper regularly - I'll treat myself to an i or two if I get a job!
  13. Weekend away by train
  14. Buy good shoes - Still looking out for boots
  15. Crochet 3 items from stashed wool - Kittens & blanket are on Ravelry, working on another kitten & the scarves above. Conquered a leaf pattern from this book.
  16. Get a new phone
  17. Read 3 good/classic books - My Somerset library card works in Bristol & I've brought The Mayor Of Casterbridge home with me
  18. Print more photos - Not chosen one for my spare frame yet
  19. Watch 3 good/classic films
  20. Exercise regularly - Making sure I walk somewhere every day & avoid buses
  21. Scrapbook - It's all at my parents' house still. Should start one with what I have here so I'm not increasing the backlog
  22. Have a picnic - No sign of it yet
  23. Visit a city farm
  24. Visit my sister at university - Soon!
  25. Cycle from Bristol to Bath - Too cold, bike in Somerset, no helmet

2 comments:

  1. I love your little tea set! x

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Thanks! I've been on the look-out for the right cup & saucer for ages and my favourite charity shop came up trumps.

    ReplyDelete

Yay :)