|My new-to-me teacup & saucer clash beautifully with my tray, jug & teapot :)|
Hopefully things are moving forward a bit now - I've got two interviews this week and a possible telephone interview too, my birthday is coming up, and the boy has just passed his viva (so, subject to corrections, he'll be Dr boy in not too long).
Another thing I've noticed is that being busy, even with enjoyable things, gets too much if I don't stop for a while. I'd like to make sure I take some conscious break time in future; one of my favourite things I did last month was to spend a Saturday morning sitting on my bed with a tray of tea & a biscuit (in the picture above) and mend some clothes that had been languishing in my mending pile. I wasn't rushing anywhere or thinking of other things I should be doing and it was lovely.
This morning there is glorious sunshine so after this post I will be getting out into it & going for a walk :)
Finish my final project- I'll hear by late June at the latest
- Get a job - Two interviews this week plus a possible telephone interview
Move to Bristol- Still got an ongoing list of things to get from home but perfectly comfortable
- Sew a dress - Still not finished my seams, maybe next time I go home
Make 10 of my recipe bookmarks / pins- Made a rosemary-crusted gallette, potato curry, afghans, disappointing pulled pork (my fault I think), toast for cheese, a post-viva cake for boy, shakshuka,
- Send parcels to far-away friends - Scarf still in progress, sent postcards to sisters & a friend
Go to Southwold at least once
- Get rid of my Flickr backlog - in chronological order. Currently: film - October '11, digital - June '12
- Get a grip on my finances - Still needs doing. Argh. I should find a tutorial and follow it. Spreadsheet time! I think my previous spreadsheets have been too complex to keep up with
- Sell my eBay pile, swap my swap pile - It's all now in Bristol. Next step is listing and giving.
- Mend & alter my mending & altering piles - Mended two tops, two dresses I'd been wearing anyway, and a cardigan. Successfully felted one cardigan, decided that merino does not felt.
- Read a newspaper regularly - I'll treat myself to an i or two if I get a job!
Weekend away by train Buy good shoes- Still looking out for boots Crochet 3 items from stashed wool- Kittens & blanket are on Ravelry, working on another kitten & the scarves above. Conquered a leaf pattern from this book. Get a new phone Read 3 good/classic books- My Somerset library card works in Bristol & I've brought The Mayor Of Casterbridge home with me
- Print more photos - Not chosen one for my spare frame yet
Watch 3 good/classic films
- Exercise regularly - Making sure I walk somewhere every day & avoid buses
- Scrapbook - It's all at my parents' house still. Should start one with what I have here so I'm not increasing the backlog
- Have a picnic - No sign of it yet
Visit a city farm
- Visit my sister at university - Soon!
- Cycle from Bristol to Bath - Too cold, bike in Somerset, no helmet